Welcome to my blog! To know a little more about me, read on!
I love working with children and that explains why I have been a school teacher for the past 9 years. I have been blessed with opportunities to work with pupils from Primary 1 to 6 throughout my career, with the past 4 years primarily teaching P5/6 pupils. My lessons are known to be fun, creative and practical, as I believe that monotony kills the spirit of learning.
Going a little further down my life's history, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with Diploma of Education from NIE/NTU in 2004 with a major in English. Soon after, I obtained my Master of Education (Primary) from NIE/NTU in 2008. My years spent in my postgraduate studies were most memorable because I played dual roles, that of a teacher and a student, at the same time. It was hectic but worth it. The mind was enriched and the vision broadened. I also had the chance to be attached to the Singapore American School and International Family School during my vacation so as to gain a different experience from the local school context.
Most of my pupils fondly know me as a bubbly, fun and engaging teacher who goes the extra mile to bring out the best in them.
So why am I leaving the classroom to set up my own tuition class?
As a mother, I need to juggle both work and family and hence, the decision to be a work-at-home-mother. Every mother will definitely agree with me that nothing beats the quality time spent with the child(ren). That is something that money can never buy. It wasn't an easy decision to leave my classroom, my school and my colleagues but when the need arises, I have to make the best choice for the good of my son and husband. But I would not want to put my expertise to waste, which led to the setting up of my tuition classes. The setting is different, but the philosophy is the same. A conducive environment, a patient teacher and a happy learner.
Drop me a mail if this post has not satisfied your curiosity about me!
melbgiggs@yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment